River City CDC
Pandemic Emergency Housing Stability Assistance
READ BEFORE YOU BEGIN
PLEASE NOTE: Our offices will be closed for the holidays from December 23, 2020 through January 3, 2021. Any applications for assistance submitted during this time will not be reviewed until our offices re-open on January 4, 2021.ubmitted during this time will not be reviewed until our offices re-open on January 4, 2021.
THIS ASSISTANCE IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED A FINANCIAL HARDSHIP, SUCH AS UNEMPLOYMENT OR REDUCED INCOME, CAUSED BY THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC THAT HAS CAUSED THEM TO BE UNABLE TO PAY HOUSING PAYMENTS AND/OR ESSENTIAL UTILITIES. DOCUMENTATION WILL BE NEEDED TO VERIFY THE HARDSHIP.
YOU MAY ONLY SUBMIT ONE APPLICATION PER HOUSEHOLD: If you have previously submitted an application to the Pandemic Emergency Housing Stability Assistance, or PEHSA Program, please do not submit another application. Please call 252-267-3278, or email , for the status of your current application and next steps.
1. Online Application Guidance: An email address will be required in order to submit a complete application. If you do not have an email address, you may call 252-267-3278 to apply over the phone. As you are completing the application, please do not hit the back or refresh button on your internet browser, as information may be lost.
2. The application is the first part of the PEHSA Program process. You will need to submit all required forms and supporting documents. YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE RECEIVED BY RIVER CITY CDC.
3. Call 252-267-3278 to speak with a program representative if you have any questions or need assistance completing the application. These are the only telephone numbers to call about this assistance program. You can also submit documents and inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Applicants are encouraged to return missed calls and emails as soon as possible so we can continue processing the application.
By continuing with the application, you authorize River City CDC to use, store, exchange and share information about you and your household members in order to provide or coordinate the services and benefits, perform required verifications of the information you provide, and/or perform duplication of benefit reviews.
DO NOT SUBMIT A DUPLICATE APPLICATION! If you have already submitted an application, please do not submit another application. If you need to update your previous application for any reason, you may do so when a staff member reaches out to you.
TO EXPEDITE THE PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE UPLOAD ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
You must answer each of the following questions.
Past Due Rent, Mortgage and Utilities
RENT / MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE: If you are applying for rent assistance, you will need to upload a copy of your lease and a statement showing the amount past due from your landlord.
If you are applying for mortgage assistance, you will need to upload your most recent mortgage statement.
ELECTRIC ASSISTANCE: If you are applying for electric assistance, you will need to upload a copy of your most recent electric bill and an account history going back to March 2020 showing a breakdown of the past due amount. You may need to obtain this detailed account history from your electric provider.
WATER ASSISTANCE: If you are applying for water utility assistance, you will need to upload a copy of your most recent water bill showing a breakdown of the past due amount. You may need to obtain this detailed breakdown from you water provider.
OTHER UTILITIES: If you are applying for assistance with any other necessary utilities (ie. gas/propabe, wastewater, sewage) you will need to upload copies of your most recent bills showing a breakdown of past due amounts. You may need to obtain this detailed breakdown from your utility providers.
Household Members Monthly Income Information
The following documents are required to complete your application. If you have these easily available, please upload a copy or photo of the documents below. They can also be emailed to email@example.com. Please note that your application is not complete, and will not be reviewed, until all documents are submitted.
Please read before submitting your application
1. Please do not hit the Back button on your web browser, refresh, or the Submit button twice. Following the guidelines below will aid in timely and accurate processing of your application.
2. Please be prepared to complete and submit your application since you will not be able to save or resume at a later time.
3. Once you hit the Submit button, it may take up to 24 hours before you receive a response. Once you hit Submit, do not hit the Back button on the web browser, refresh or Submit twice.
4. Following the submission of your application, a response email will be sent to the email address you provided.
5. If you do not receive the response email within 24 hours of submitting your application, we recommend that you check your Junk E-mail, Bulk-mail, or Spam folder. If so, please select the confirmation message and click Not Junk or Not Spam, which will allow future messages to get through.
6. If you do not receive the confirmation email after 24 hours, call 252-267-3278 or 252-267-3149 for assistance. Do not submit another application.
7. If you need to make changes to your application, provide additional information or submit supporting documents, call 252-267-3278 or 252-267-3149 for assistance. Do not submit another application.
8. Following these recommendations will help prevent the submission of duplicate applications, allowing the PEHSA Program timely and accurate review of your application submission.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
By submitting this application, you agree that to the best of your knowledge and belief, the facts and statements presented by you in this application are true and correct. Failure to provide truthful statements may result in the denial of your application.